Chasing Arsenal FA Cup title Ruler
London – Arsenal had reached the FA Cup final and will face Aston Villa. There are two records that will be pursued by the Gunners and Arsene Wenger at the end of May, one of which is to become the sole ruler of the competition.
Arsenal managed to advance to the finals after beating Reading, Saturday (18/4) night and then, in the semi-final after extra time with a tight score of 2-1. For Arsenal this was their second successive final after last season became the champion after beating Hull City 3-2.
While the day after Villa ensure so against Arsenal through the results surprising 2-1 victory over Liverpool. This is the first meeting of the two teams in the final of the FA Cup.
Especially for Villa who after 15 years of re-appear in the final party.
Arsenal certainly favored to win the final May 30 later while providing their 12th trophy in the FA Cup. The following data and facts related to the final match as quoted Infostrada
– Arsenal’s chance of winning the FA Cup trophy and finished 12th highest record in this competition, after the same with Man United (11). Tottenham (8), Aston Villa, Liverpool, and Chelsea both have 7 trophies.
– Arsenal’s record as the largest team in the final, 19 times. While Villa 11 times.
– Arsene Wenger five times won the FA Cup trophy as manager. The highest record of a manager is a six-time champion, George Ramsay, who all achieved when dealing with Aston Villa.
– Villa targeting first FA Cup trophy in 58 years. Only two teams who need more time in between the two FA Cup wins: Portsmouth (69 years between 1939 and 2008) and Nottingham Forest (61, 1898-1959).
– Arsenal sought for the second time able to retain the FA Cup title. The last time they become champions back-to-back is the year 2001/2002 and 2002/2003.